I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Portuguese Foreign Minister in Baghdad calls for the lifting of international sanctions on Iraq

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Source: Radio Sawa - 08/07/2009

Portuguese Foreign Minister in Baghdad calls for the lifting of international sanctions on Iraq

The Portuguese Foreign Minister Luis Amado to the international community to help Iraq get out of the money item VII, while the Minister for Foreign Affairs noted the readiness of the Iraqi ministry of the periodic review of the UN sanctions imposed on Iraq.

Zebari announced that it signed with the Portuguese Foreign Minister Amado, who arrived in Baghdad on Tuesday to visit the official memorandum of understanding for joint cooperation between the two countries.

The two sides in a joint conference after their meeting at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, to continue the meetings between the two sides, as well as the agreement on the visit by a delegation from the Iraqi investment Lisbon to present the investment opportunities available to the Portuguese company.

Zebari called on Portugal to the European Union urged to support the Iraqi government to achieve more, describing the timing of the visit came as Amado Palmem government forces after the receipt of the security functions alone, indicating that the guest minister's convoy by road and public access to the headquarters of the ministry.

For his part, Amado stressed that his visit was to reaffirm the commitment of his government to support Iraq, and the quest for the development of bilateral relations and strengthen political and economic cooperation with the two sides, he said, adding:

""Confirm my confidence in the Iraqi government and its ability to restore normal life. I think that more of my colleagues in the EU will take similar steps in the near future."

Amado stressed the need for cooperation of the international community to work towards lifting the sanctions imposed on Iraq under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations.

Zebari pointed out that the Minister of Justice, Defense and Interior, as well as attended a meeting of Foreign Affairs yesterday to create the position of Iraq the next periodic review of sanctions on Iraq at the United Nations, he said, adding that people will hear good news soon.

The Secretary-General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon report on the sanctions imposed on Iraq during this month to the UN Security Council.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum