I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

CBI raises the price of the Iraqi dinar against the dollar by 3.4%

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gente

gente

CBI raises the price of the Iraqi dinar against the dollar by 3.4%

Posted: January 19, 2012

19-01-2012 | (Voice of Iraq)
Sumerian News / Baghdad

Central Bank of Iraq, Thursday, for raising the price of the Iraqi dinar against the dollar by 3.4%, confirming that the decision would affect the exchange rate of the dinar against the U.S. dollar in the Iraqi market.

The deputy governor of the Central Bank of the appearance of Mohammed Saleh in an interview for “Alsumaria News”, “the Bank worked to raise the prices of the Iraqi dinar against the dollar during the sessions for the sale and purchase of foreign exchange by four dinars and by 3.4% to up to 1166 dinars to the dollar,” noting that “The nominal price of the dinar is not commensurate with the purchasing power to him or the real price of the exchange rate of the dinar against the dollar.”

Saleh added that “current account payments to Iraq, where a large surplus relative to GDP, a rate of 5-8%,” stressing that “the surplus is a sign of strength and not vice versa as well as the existence of large reserves of the Bank.”

Saleh pointed out that “the dollar exchange rate in the Iraqi markets that recently experienced a slight increase will be affected by the decision of the Central Bank of Iraq,” adding that “the Iraqi dinar will be attractive in the Iraqi market.”

The Central Bank of Iraq announced on Thursday for his buy and sell price of 1166 dinars to the dollar during the auction, hosted by the daily participation of 23 banks, after it was sold and the purchase price of 1170 dinars to the dollar.

Sales from Central Bank of Iraq at the conclusion of its sessions for the current week slightly lower at about one million dollars to more than $ 199 million, compared to a Day on Wednesday, which reported a nearly $ 200 million.

The Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of the appearance of Mohammed Saleh (January 14, 2012), intended to put all three categories after the large deletion of three zeros from the Iraqi dinar, pointing out that the process of replacing the currency will take two years.

As announced in favor of the (January 6, 2012) for high reserves of the Iraqi Central Bank foreign currency to the $ 60 billion for the first time in the history of Iraq, while stressing its ability to curb inflation if it came to ranking places, considered that current levels do not raise concern.

And the foundations of the Iraqi Central Bank as an independent institution under the law issued on the sixth of March of 2004, as an independent body is responsible for maintaining price stability and the implementation of monetary policy, including exchange rate policies and management of foreign reserves and the issuance of currency management, as well as to regulate the banking sector to promote the system competitive financial and independent.

It is noteworthy that the CBI is being daily sessions for the sale and purchase of foreign currencies with the exception of public holidays during which depends on those auctions.

windreader1

How absolutely idiotic can this guy get. He obviously cannot do simple math either. 4 pips is not 3.4%. You don't need a calculator to identify that 1% of 1170 is 11.70 pips. 3.4% would be 39.78 pips. So what do you get for this loudly touted increase in value, this is what 4 pips equals.

10,000 dinar=====duh wait for it, drum roll-------- that is 2.9 cents increase in value
100,000 dinars==29 cent increase
1,000,000 dinar==$2.90 increase

This change meant nothing, absolutely nothing. They have told the IMF the objective is to keep inflation in the single digits. The 1170 rate would hold unless they had a problem with inflation. Their inflation is between 6-7%. 4 pips is meaningless in the market place. I still believe there was another reason for the change and the only reason that makes sense is to check the thru put of their financial systems. Did the change up load through the system correctly. If there was a problem 4 pips would not cause a great disaster or give anyone an advantage of buying at the old price and them immediately selling at the new value.

gente

gente

It seems like they are deliberately trying to mislead folks at this point...blatently...

windreader1

windreader1 wrote:How absolutely idiotic can this guy get. He obviously cannot do simple math either. 4 pips is not 3.4%. You don't need a calculator to identify that 1% of 1170 is 11.70 pips. 3.4% would be 39.78 pips. So what do you get for this loudly touted increase in value, this is what 4 pips equals.

10,000 dinar=====duh wait for it, drum roll-------- that is 2.9 cents increase in value
100,000 dinars==29 cent increase
1,000,000 dinar==$2.90 increase

This change meant nothing, absolutely nothing. They have told the IMF the objective is to keep inflation in the single digits. The 1170 rate would hold unless they had a problem with inflation. Their inflation is between 6-7%. 4 pips is meaningless in the market place. I still believe there was another reason for the change and the only reason that makes sense is to check the thru put of their financial systems. Did the change up load through the system correctly. If there was a problem 4 pips would not cause a great disaster or give anyone an advantage of buying at the old price and them immediately selling at the new value.

No, I was not the contact------LOL

1-22-2012 Guru Delta as we know the cbi is down and yes it did happen before but all the article from cbi from last week indicate that this might be it, and I was told by my contact that the cbi rate change last week was only a test before they show the real rate.

MrsCK

OHHHHHHHHHHH an't that special! Guru Delta "STEALS" your thoughts mom and make it intel....welcome to dinar world.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum