I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pot Grow Raids Net Guns, Pot, Iraqi Currency

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

Pot Grow Raids Net Guns, Pot, Iraqi Currency

Alan Gathright, 7NEWS Content Producer

POSTED: 5:16 pm MST January 27, 2012

UPDATED: 5:47 pm MST January 27, 2012

BRIGHTON, Colo. -- During raids on 25 marijuana grow operations across Colorado this week, authorities said they seized lots of guns, pot, cash and, surprisingly, 15 million in Iraqi Dinar currency.

At a Friday news briefing in Brighton, law enforcement officials displayed some of the loot seized in Operation Sweet Leaf, the Wednesday raids that netted 13 arrests.

They also warned of the dangers that grow houses pose to the people, including children, who live inside them.

The haul included: •40 guns
•2,749 marijuana plants
•147 pound of dried pot
•Over $278,500 in cash
•15 million in Iraqi Dinar currency

Asked to explain the pile of Iraqi currency, officials said the ongoing investigation prevented them from discussing it.

Don Quick, district attorney for Adams and Broomfield counties, said the vast majority of the marijuana was being shipped out of Colorado. Destinations included California, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Texas.

Authorities said those arrested were not involved in growing medical marijuana.

Quick said the mult-iagency investigation began 10 months ago when authorities in another state made a major marijuana seizure and learned the pot had been grown in Colorado.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/30319288/detail.html

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum