I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obama dinner to mark end of Iraq War

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Obama dinner to mark end of Iraq War Empty Obama dinner to mark end of Iraq War Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:13 pm

gente

gente

Obama dinner to mark end of Iraq War

With U.S. forces still fighting in Afghanistan, the Obama administration has chosen to mark the end of the Iraq War with something more modest than a ticker-tape parade — a state-dinner-like event at the White House later this month feting a select group of combat veterans and their spouses or guests. The core theme is the common fighting man or woman, said Douglas Wilson, Pentagon public affairs chief.

The intent is for those invited — with guests, numbering more than 200 — to represent the 1.5 million who fought in a nine-year-war that left nearly 4,500 dead and 32,000 wounded, he said.

"The dining room that night will look like the America that served in Iraq," Wilson said.

"State dinners honor heads of state and I think the feeling was that this type of dinner is an appropriate way to honor men and women who … merit the same degree of respect as a head of state," he said.

The black-tie White House event to be called "A Nation's Gratitude" may be unprecedented, Wilson said.

Presidential historian Douglas Brinkley agreed "it's an interesting White House first."

A formal White House announcement will come soon, Wilson said.

Factions led by the 200,000-member Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America are pushing for a ticker-tape parade in New York City, the USA's ritual celebration for heroes. "That (dinner) is a nice effort. The problem is what do you tell everybody outside that 200 who want to be a part of this," Executive Director Paul Reickhoff said.

Pentagon leaders are not opposed to a New York parade, Wilson said, but feel strongly it should wait until U.S. combat operations in Afghanistan end.

Senior enlisted leaders for each service branch are choosing those who will attend the White House dinner, and half or more will be enlisted, Wilson said.

The guest list is divided among Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines and Navy in proportion to a service's role in Iraq, he said.

"They understand that every state and territory needs to be represented, every rank," Wilson said. "It needs to be diverse."

2Obama dinner to mark end of Iraq War Empty Re: Obama dinner to mark end of Iraq War Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:06 pm

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

what a hypocrite.....those they are assigned at the White House know the Obama's true feeling towards the military.

3Obama dinner to mark end of Iraq War Empty Re: Obama dinner to mark end of Iraq War Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:10 pm

gente

gente

That's what I thought..I can't believe anyone still drinks his kool-aid...

4Obama dinner to mark end of Iraq War Empty Re: Obama dinner to mark end of Iraq War Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:14 pm

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

lotta stupid people in this country.....funny thing is the Clintons was just as bad....

5Obama dinner to mark end of Iraq War Empty Re: Obama dinner to mark end of Iraq War Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:16 pm

gente

gente

yep plenty of idiots for sure...too bad half of them will vote for Obammy, and the other half for Romney, and not get behind RP...

6Obama dinner to mark end of Iraq War Empty Re: Obama dinner to mark end of Iraq War Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:55 am

MrsCK

Maybe they will finally find Bush's WMD under the white house so at least the military that does go will know the whole war was REALLY about something truth full...instead of the real reason..petrodollars!

Really I think the military should boycott the dinnar and demand the REAL TRUTH from the white house on what the war was REALLY ALL ABOUT!

7Obama dinner to mark end of Iraq War Empty Re: Obama dinner to mark end of Iraq War Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:32 pm

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

French made anti ship missles made after the embargo doesn't count as weapons of mass destruction?....what about chemical weapons?.....both was found in Iraq.
Hell in North Carolina if you shoot a shotgun within 500ft of a residence you'll be charged with guess what?
firing a weapon of mass destruction.

it's nothing more than a lay on words.......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum