I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vietnam Bonds Rise After Coupons Fall at Auction; Dong Climbs

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

Vietnam Bonds Rise After Coupons Fall at Auction; Dong Climbs

February 10 2012

VietFinanceNews.com - Vietnam’s three-year bonds rose, pushing yields to the lowest since October, after coupons dropped at a debt auction yesterday. The dong strengthened for a fourth consecutive day.

The State Treasury sold 2 trillion dong ($95.7 million) each of three- and five-year notes at 11.90 percent and 11.98 percent, respectively, the Hanoi Stock Exchange said yesterday. The treasury sold similar-maturity securities at 12.10 percent and 12.15 percent at the previous debt sale on Jan. 12.

The yield on the government’s three-year bonds fell one basis point to 12.29 percent, the lowest since Oct. 21, according to daily fixings from banks compiled by Bloomberg. The yield dropped four basis points, or 0.04 percentage point, this week.

The dong advanced 0.1 percent to 20,895 per dollar as of 2:30 p.m. in Hanoi, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. The central bank set the daily reference rate at 20,828, unchanged since Dec. 26, its website showed. The currency is allowed to trade up to 1 percent on either side of the rate.

In the so-called black market, the dong traded between 20,870 and 20,920 at gold shops in Hanoi today, compared with between 20,870 and 20,900 yesterday, according to a telephone- information service run by state-owned Vietnam Posts & Telecommunications.

http://www.vietfinancenews.com/2012/...pons-fall.html

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum