I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Deputy Secretary Wolin visits Iraq

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Deputy Secretary Wolin visits Iraq  Empty Deputy Secretary Wolin visits Iraq Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:12 pm

gente

gente

Deputy Secretary Wolin visits Iraq

- February 14, 2011

U.S. Treasury Department

Office of Public Affairs

DEPUTY SECRETARY WOLIN VISITS IRAQ

WASHINGTON - The U.S. Department of the Treasury today announced Deputy Treasury Secretary Neal S. Wolin visited Baghdad, Iraq February 12 - 14 to engage new Iraqi leadership on key economic challenges and the path forward for Iraq. During his two-day visit, Deputy Secretary Wolin met with Deputy Prime Minister for Economic Affairs Rosh Shaways, Deputy Prime Minister for Energy Shahristani, Minister of Finance Rafi al-Issawi, Chairman, PM Advisory Committee Thamir Ghadban, Central Bank Governor Sinan al-Shabibi and Council of Representatives Finance Committee Chairman Haider al-Abadi.

Wolin's visit sought to reinforce U.S. commitment to a lasting relationship with a sovereign, stable and self-reliant Iraq and underscored the importance of continuing sound economic policies. His meetings focused on a range of issues, including strategies to help strengthen Iraq's economic institutions and public financial management; financial sector reforms and efforts to improve the investment climate; and engagement with key international partners including the IMF and World Bank. Deputy Secretary Wolin also discussed the significant threat associated with Iran's increasing ties to Iraq's developing financial sector and the need for the development of a sound anti-money laundering and combating the financing of terrorism (AML/CFT) regime to protect against illicit financial activity, support Iraq's integration into international markets and attract foreign investment.

While in Baghdad, the Deputy Secretary co-chaired a meeting of the Economic Joint Coordination Committee (JCC) that was established under the U.S.-Iraq Strategic Framework Agreement to strengthen U.S.-Iraqi bilateral ties.

2Deputy Secretary Wolin visits Iraq  Empty Re: Deputy Secretary Wolin visits Iraq Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:53 pm

MrsCK

it is now the 20th of the month....LOL

3Deputy Secretary Wolin visits Iraq  Empty Re: Deputy Secretary Wolin visits Iraq Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:59 pm

gente

gente

"Visited", then!!...haha

4Deputy Secretary Wolin visits Iraq  Empty Re: Deputy Secretary Wolin visits Iraq Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:10 pm

windreader1

Hmmmm--found this really interesting. I watch the treasury schedule almost daily and thought, how the hell did I miss this. Well after researching Feb. schedule, I didn't. Wolin's trip was not posted which I found even more interesting. The week before this trip is when Geithner dropped off the radar. The last scheduled activity for Wolin's was on Thursday, the 9th. Then nothing until Wed/15th and he is scheduled for a morning meeting. I also watch Clinton's schedule as well and remembered seeing something about activity regarding Iraq. Here is what was happening at the state department in the same time frame as Wolin's trip to Iraq.

Feb 7--Deputy secretary Nides meets with Iraq representative James Jeffrey
Feb 8--Nides has a video conference with Baghdad and then has two meetings at the white house
Feb 10--Nides has a conference call with the white house and then drops off the radar until the14th.
Feb 14-16--Nides is in Iraq

So The questions of the day;

Why was Wolen's trip not on the schedule?
Why was there a week delay in any news article about his trip?

Interesting activity and sure hope it translates into something positive for us. Really great find Gente

5Deputy Secretary Wolin visits Iraq  Empty Re: Deputy Secretary Wolin visits Iraq Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:35 pm

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

glad gente seen it.....I haven't seen anything concerning it, thnx for staying on top of the schedules Wind.

6Deputy Secretary Wolin visits Iraq  Empty Re: Deputy Secretary Wolin visits Iraq Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:42 pm

MrsCK

amazinggggggggg who is were? hmmmm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum