I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

IMF names Chinese as Secretary

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1IMF names Chinese as Secretary  Empty IMF names Chinese as Secretary Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:09 pm

gente

gente

IMF names Chinese as Secretary

3/7/2012 9:14:00 PM | World News

WASHINGTON, March 7 (KUNA) -- The International Monetary Fund announced here Wednesday its intention to appoint a Chinese national as the Secretary of the Fund.
Managing Director of the IMF Christine Lagarde said in a statement that she has informed the Executive Board of her intention to appoint Jianhai Lin as the Secretary of the Fund.
Lagarde affirmed that "Jianhai has had a wide-ranging Fund career in both country and policy work." She said that "this breadth of experience has been of particular benefit to the IMF, where Jianhai's skill in building consensus among staff, Management and our global membership has been essential for the productive work of the Executive Board during one of the most challenging periods in the Fund's history." Lin, a Chinese national, has been Acting Director of Secretary's Department since November 2011. His appointment will take effect on March 22.
The Secretary's Department has operational responsibility for the 24-member Executive Board of the IMF, and also serves as the regular point of contact with the Fund's 187 member countries on institutional matters.
This includes responsibility for working with the IMF's Board of Governors, and the policy-guiding International Monetary and Financial Committee. (end) si.bs KUNA 072114 Mar 12NNNN

2IMF names Chinese as Secretary  Empty Re: IMF names Chinese as Secretary Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:33 pm

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

hehe....he......who didn't see this coming?....

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum