I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unified Gulf currency by 2015 seen

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Unified Gulf currency by 2015 seen  Empty Unified Gulf currency by 2015 seen Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:02 pm

gente

gente

Unified Gulf currency by 2015 seen

JEDDAH - GCC countries are in active discussion to decide upon the name and denominations of the proposed unified Gulf currency and its printing by mid-year in 2013, sources at the General Secretariat of the GCC said.

The year 2015 is proposed for the launch of the unified Gulf currency, they said. However, the actual date of the launch will depend on the progress achieved by the monetary council of the GCC (Gulf Co-operation Council).

The governing council of the Gulf Monetary Council includes the governors of the central banks of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain and Kuwait. It would meet in Riyadh in the third week of March to discuss the progress made by its technical teams in charge of preparing institutional and regulatory frameworks for the council and follow up the achievements in this regard as the nucleus of the Gulf Central Bank.

With regard to the new currency's tie-up with the US dollar, the source said it may have a full tie-up with a single currency, i.e., the US dollar or would tie-up with a bundle of currencies in which the US dollar would have a lion's share.

The new currency is expected to bring smoothness in the fiscal and monetary policies, besides facilitating regional financial integration and intensifying financial discipline and transparency. It is also expected to boost internal and external investments.

2Unified Gulf currency by 2015 seen  Empty Re: Unified Gulf currency by 2015 seen Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:13 pm

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

yep...2008 then 2010 didn't work ourt....guess next stop will be 2020 if they drag butt this time.

3Unified Gulf currency by 2015 seen  Empty Re: Unified Gulf currency by 2015 seen Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:46 pm

gente

gente

Seems to be an underlying condition in the Middle East, talk about doing grandiose things all the time while never really accomplishing anything at all....

4Unified Gulf currency by 2015 seen  Empty Re: Unified Gulf currency by 2015 seen Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:33 am

MrsCK

good grief GCC been trying to do this since 1989!!!!!!!!!! YUP that far back...it will never happen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum