I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iraq's first census report.....

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Iraq's first census report..... Empty Iraq's first census report..... Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:30 pm

symetri

symetri

I really like the parts that are in bold! They need the RV to accomplish this!

By Randa A. Jamal

During a one-day mission to Iraq a delegation from UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund, addressed some of the crucial programmes they would like to be reflected in the Iraqi National Development Plan (INDP). In a meeting with Dr. Ali Baban, Minister of Planning and Development Cooperation (MoPDC), Purnima Mane, UNFPA’s Deputy Executive Director (Programme) and an Assistant Secretary-General of the United Nations (ASG), emphasized that UN Programming would be aligned with Iraq’s national priorities.

Dr. Baban and the delegation discussed several crucial matters, such as the census that will be held in Iraq. He said, “We will soon implement a census and we are looking forward to continue partnering with, and receiving technical expertise from, the UN.” He added, “We are very cautious about holding the census.” In response, ASG Purnima Mane said: “The census is critical in terms of planning for development.” Apparently and not only in Iraq, Ministries of Planning and Development Cooperation, are tasked with coordination, making this Ministry’s role most relevant to UN programming, as they lie at the core of the INDP.

Consensus emerged from the meeting on the significant role that UNFPA was playing in providing technical support in the area of data for development, particularly to the Iraq Population and Housing Census 2009, in addition to the Fund’s support for various government projects and programmes. UNFPA emphasized government ownership of the issues and programmes at the decision, planning and implementation levels. For example, ASG Mane said, “we leave it in the hands of the government to decide on the issues they would like us to focus on.”

In another meeting , the Chairman of the Prime Minister’s Office Advisory Commission, Mr. Thamir Ghadhban, and several representatives from the line ministries (including Sports and Youth, Health, Civil Society and Environment), discussed with the delegation the way forward on potential joint programming. They expressed their openness to international cooperation, unilateral and bilateral. Mr. Ghadhban said to the delegation, “We welcome your initiative of assistance as the people of Iraq have suffered a great deal from wars and sanctions and have been deprived for decades from partnerships.” He also discussed regional examples of countries which benefited from international expertise in terms of tackling problems at home. For example, Iran and Syria had severely been impacted by desertification, however, with international assistance, they tackled this problem. Implying that in many areas, including environment and health, Iraq could benefit as well from international expertise, saying, “this is why we believe in cooperation and working together.”.

It's a long article more about the future of Iraq and Iraqi's... interesting read..

http://www.uniraq.org/newsroom/getarticle.asp?ArticleID=1084

http://www.symetristudios.com

2Iraq's first census report..... Empty Re: Iraq's first census report..... Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:33 pm

symetri

symetri

There is only one reason to start doing census reports and that's for taxes... they surly cant do taxes if the country is broke!! plus I would think they would need to RV for housing and the additional things they want for the future of Iraq.

Kuwait agreed to the terms and forgave Iraq... 21st Maliki is meeting with Obama and the UN..
IT;S TIME!! LETS GTE THIS GOING!!

http://www.symetristudios.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum