I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iraq Seeking Japan Invest For New Reconstruction Phase -Kyodo

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Roxy

Roxy

TOKYO (Dow Jones)--The Iraqi government on Friday called for more assistance from Japan in the areas of trade and investment as Iraq has entered a new phase of reconstruction, while praising Japan's involvement in global efforts to rebuild the war-torn country, Kyodo News reported Japanese officials as saying.
At a meeting with executives of a large number of Japanese firms, visiting Iraqi ministers also stressed that it is safe for businesses to return to the Middle Eastern country. The Japanese government pledged its support to companies willing to invest in Iraq, the officials said.
Japanese Foreign Minister Hirofumi Nakasone and Economy, Trade and Industry Minister Toshihiro Nikai held separate talks with the Iraqi delegation led by Oil Minister Hussain al-Shafristani, and Industry and Mineral Minister Fawzi Hariri.
The ministers confirmed the need to upgrade economic relations between the two countries, with the Iraqi ministers promising to support Japanese firms operating in Iraq and to continue making efforts to improve security in the country, where insurgent attacks are continuing.
The Japanese side said that in order to boost bilateral trade as well as investment by Japan, Tokyo is ready to cooperate with Baghdad in upgrading the insurance framework for such business activities, the officials said.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum