I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cooperation to become the new policy concerning Iraqi Oil

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

windreader1

w    w    w    .    t    u    r    k    i    s    h    w    e    e    k    l    y    .    n    e    t

6 February 2013
Cooperation to become the new policy concerning Iraqi Oil

It is largely known that there is a big conflict over the exploitation of Iraqi oil and natural gas. Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri Al Maliki tries to control Iraq petroleum in order to preserve the power of the central government. He disputes with Barzani and International oil companies such like Exxon and Chevron. On the other hand, Barzani, aiming to increase the power of Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG), started to export petroleum through Turkey in spite of Iraqi central government’s protests. Meanwhile, Turkey raises its concerns on the regional instability but continues at the same time to cooperate with Kurdish Regional Government.

Fortunately, these frustrations may come to an end in near future. The Turkish website “Enerji Enstitüsü” published an article arguing that the US believes that a win-win scenario is possible in Iraq. The article refers to an anonymous US state official. He/she underlines the importance of cooperation of all parties instead of conflicts. Then, the official mentions that diversified and secure petroleum-natural gas supply is beneficial for Turkey, Iraq, Kurdish Regional Government and Western countries; and says that they would also support the transportation of petroleum and natural gas through Turkey because as a NATO member it would provide with safe transportation. He/she, targeting Maliki, also adds that encouraging companies to operate in both northern and southern Iraq is wiser than forcing them to choose one.

Based on this statement, the website asserts that US may introduce a new policy on Iraq petroleum embodying cooperation of all parties in Iraq. Nevertheless, as the US official stated, Maliki’s centralization policy is an obstacle that must be overcome.

gente

gente

Long as Maliki is in the driver's seat, aint nothin geting done...

MrsCK

NO KIDDING GENTE! Remove maliki and things would get moving faster!

gente

gente

I'm just baffled at how long they have put up with, and continue to put up with his crap...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum