I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

June 27 meeting update

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1June 27 meeting update Empty June 27 meeting update Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:50 pm

windreader1

The UN Journal for the 27th has the following for the Security Council meeting on the 27th.  This is a change from the meeting type that is listed on the monthly agenda.  That meeting is still listed as a consultation which is not held in the Security Council Chambers.  This is significant as any vote has to take place in the Security Council Chamber.  Consider it the same as a courtroom.  The attorneys can all get together, discuss the case and make their deals outside the courtroom, but any legal rulings has to be in the courtroom and ruled on by the judge.  Same situation here.  This could go one of two ways.  The meeting type could have been changed to the Security Council Chambers to allow all the comments by the Secretary General and the representatives of Iraq and Kuwait to be recorded as part of the Council records.  The Council could then adjourn to discuss their options in a consultation meeting behind closed doors.  If a resolution is to be forthcoming then another meeting (adoption) in July would be scheduled to formally vote on the resolution(s). Or if the Council members have already come to an agreement and a draft resolution has already been prepared, then there could be a vote tomorrow in the Security Council Chambers.   

The joint letter from Iraq and Kuwait deals with the memorandum of understanding that was signed by the two countries regarding the boundary markers.  This affects SC Resolution 833(1993).

I have posted a copy of the consultation meeting from the June 26th journal to indicate the difference between a consultation meeting and the meeting tomorrow in the Security Council meeting.   This is the most positive news I have seen since I started watching the UN activity on Iraq.  Just have to wait and see. windreader1 

Thursday, 27 June 2013

11:00           6990th meeting [webcast]                           Security Council Chamber

1.  Adoption of the agenda
2. The situation between Iraq and Kuwait  Thirty-fifth report of the Secretary-General pursuant to paragraph 14 of resolution 1284 (1999) (S/2013/357)

Letter dated 12 June 2013 from the Permanent Representatives of Iraq and Kuwait to the United Nations addressed to the Secretary-General (S/2013/358)

Example of a consultation meeting and the location from the journal for the 26th.  
Afternoon            Consultations of the whole (closed)                Consultations Room
Peace and security in Africa (Sahel strategy) (S/2013/354)
Other matters

2June 27 meeting update Empty Re: June 27 meeting update Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:20 pm

gente

gente

Thanks so much for all the digging you do Wind, not only is it highly appreciated, but it beats the pants off trying to decipher the endless stream of contradictory Iraqi news articles!

3June 27 meeting update Empty Re: June 27 meeting update Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:47 pm

MrsCK

Agree Gente....I would be "lost" trying to figure out all the UN/Iraq stuff....I do not have that "legal" mind to understand it all....THANK GOSH FOR MOM (windreader) for keeping up with it all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum