I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Talks of the IMF and Iraq next week to assess the financing needs

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Source: Reuters - 23/07/2009

Talks of the IMF and Iraq next week to assess the financing needs

Said a spokesman for the International Monetary Fund on Wednesday that the mission of the Fund will hold talks with officials from the Iraqi Ministry of Finance next week to assess the funding needs of Iraq for a possible new lending program.

In discussions with officials from the IMF in the Jordanian capital Amman last month through Iraq like the program loans worth 5.5 billion dollars, a 18-month period.

"The mission of the Fund will be more substantive discussions with the authorities next week to assess the financing needs and to discuss possible elements for a new program."

"It is expected to hold further discussions in the coming months."

The amount of funding will depend on the needs of Iraq and aid from donors. Affected by the Iraqi government revenue strongly down world oil prices.

Iraq relies on oil exports for more than 95 percent of state revenues and much-needed money to rebuild the country after years of war and sanctions.

There will be talks with the IMF, while Iraq has been trying to attract foreign investors would agree on a program of the Fund to give some credibility to the economic policy of the Iraqi government.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum