I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kuwait envoy meets UNSC chief on Resolution No 833

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kuwait envoy meets UNSC chief on Resolution No 833
Politics 8/6/2009 5:23:00 PM

UNITED NATIONS, Aug 6 (KUNA) -- Kuwait's permanent representative to the UN Ambassador Abdullah al-Murad met his British counterpart, John Sawers, the current president of the UN Security Council, on the UN Resolution No 833 on the Kuwaiti-Iraqi border.

Speaking to KUNA following the meeting, the Kuwaiti ambassador said he had discussed with Sawers the significance of, and commitment to, the UN resolution, together with bilateral relations.

He hailed the UN chief's report on the UN Resolution 1856 and Iraq's efforts to exit from the Chapter VII as "favorable", but said some points still needed to be clarified.

However, he said Kuwait was ready for finding consensual solutions acceptable to both sides.

Al-Murad also supported the UN Secretary-General's High-Level Coordinator Gennady Tarasov's efforts regarding Kuwaiti missing properties and prisoners of war (POWs).

But, he termed relations between two neighboring countries as "distinguished".

Al-Murad is expected to meet UNSC members separately in the coming few days to promote his country's position on such issues. (end) sj.mt KUNA 061723 Aug 09NNNN

windreader1

This a resolution from 1993 that dealt with the maintenance of the physical representation of the international boundary between Iraq and Kuwait. This are 106 boundary pillars and 28 intermediate markers that were constructed along the border

The scheduled work has been postponed first in 2006, then 2007 and again in 2008. There are several buildings that need to be moved and the inhabitants relocated. Iraq has not done it.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum