I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

INIC wants part of federal state budget for infrastructure

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

INIC wants part of federal state budget for infrastructure

August 9, 2009 - 07:08:02

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: The Iraq National Investment Commission called on the Iraqi finance ministry to appropriate part of the federal state budget for the reconstruction of the country’s infrastructure.

“It is of utmost importance to appropriate a sum in the 2010 budget to the reconstruction of infrastructure projects of electricity, water, sanitary sewage, roads and communication in order to keep up with the future investment openness,” said Thaer al-Feyali, a INIC member, told Aswat al-Iraq news agency.

“We’re working on sustaining the federal budget by directing the private sector to set up investment projects in Iraq,” he added.

Feyali noted that the INIC does not want to have the Iraqi economy depending on proceeds generated by crude oil sales.

Iraq’s 2009 state budget was about 74 trillion Iraqi dinars, equal to $63 billion, distributed over 59 trillion Iraqi dinars for operative expenditure, about 80% of the whole sum, and 15 trillion Iraqi dinars for investment expenditure, only 20%.

AmR (P)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum