I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

IRAQ: Food prices rise 800%

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1IRAQ: Food prices rise 800% Empty IRAQ: Food prices rise 800% Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:39 pm

Roxy

Roxy

IRAQ: Food prices rise 800%

Al Qabas - Al Qabas -- 14/08/2009 14/08/2009

(MENAFN - Al Qabas) The Office of the Resident Coordinator of the United Nations in Iraq, said that food prices have risen dramatically higher than world prices, where prices have doubled in the period between 2004 and 2008.
The office said in a report, said food prices had increased by 73 per cent, while food prices jumped at the local level, due to the increase in world prices and rising domestic fuel, increased by 800 per cent.
The Resident Coordinator's Office was not expected that the decline in domestic fuel prices to the same rate of decrease in food prices.
The ONS said the increase in food prices has led to increased poverty rates in Iraq, which negatively impacted in nutrition, he said, adding that as a result has increased the number of Iraqis who live in extreme poverty from 15 per cent in 2005 to 15 per cent in 2007.
The Resident Coordinator's office said the decline in oil prices has led to a further increase pressure on the budget.
" "
http://74.125.47.132/translate_c?hl=..._iUxh4iLjn2jJQ

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum