I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Financial plunge may slam Iraq soon: officials

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.aknews.com/en/aknews/2/63866/

Erbil, 18 August (AKnews) – The financial crisis may crash Iraq next year if it would not increase oil export, an Iraqi lawmaker said.

The sooner oil and gas law is passed, the more benefits Iraq gets as foreign companies would flow into the country, chairman of oil and gas committee of the Iraqi parliament Bayazid Hassan said.

Iraqi budget would fall if the law would not be passed soon as 90 percent of the country’s budget is on oil, he added.

Iraq should export more oil to fill the impending gap in its budget, deputy chairman of the finance committee in the parliament Ismael Shukir said.

Iraq would find itself in a financial crisis if its next year budget would come short, he added.

The Iraqi government sent parliament the oil and gas law in February 2007 but not passed yet since then for the political rifts amongst the political blocs.

gs AKnews

Parliament comes back around Sept. 8th....this is one of the big items on the agenda is the HCL...but the kurds have held it up for years....Last I heard Kurds finally agreed. The first part of the HCL was changed a bit...last article I seen stated that the first part was to be passed first...the other 3 parts would not have a problem passing. We wait to see if they can get it done when parliament comes back.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum