I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iraq will demand the United Nations to end sanctions imposed on compensation for the invasion of Kuwait

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Iraq will demand the United Nations to end sanctions imposed on compensation for the invasion of Kuwait

22/9/2009 8:07 pm

Vice President of the Kurdistan region of Iraq Rasool said Iraq will demand through participation in the sixty-sixth session of the General Assembly of the United Nations to end sanctions and debt cancellation imposed under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations in compensation from Iraq's invasion of Kuwait in 1990.

The Messenger who was accompanying Iraqi President Jalal Talabani in his visit to New York in a press statement transferred reporter (news agency, Iraqi Information / conscious), said that "Iraq will demand during the meetings of the General Assembly of the United Nations to write off the debt and end the compensation imposed under Chapter VII," adding that " sanctions unjust. "

Iraq now and pay 5% of the proceeds from oil sales to a special fund at the United Nations as compensation for the invasion of Kuwait in the era of the former regime in 1990, but Baghdad is demanding to reduce the ratio to 2,5%, and calls upon the UN Security Council passed a resolution confirming that Iraq no longer represents a threat to international security.

And Iraq has already paid more than $ 13 billion in compensation to Kuwait and what still needs to pay more than $ 25 billion, as well as debts owed an estimated $ 16 billion.

The Special Fund of the United Nations approved sanctions on Iraq up to $ 52 billion, including $ 36 billion for Kuwait.

http://209.85.229.132/translate_c?hl...QhcxXfBfKXcp5g

"Iraq will demand during the meetings of the General Assembly of the United Nations to write off the debt and end the compensation imposed under Chapter VII," adding that " sanctions unjust. "

Yup Chapter 7 still there. If it wasn't then why come and ask for it???

calls upon the UN Security Council passed a resolution confirming that Iraq no longer represents a threat to international security.

To get out of Chap 7 the UNSC has to pass a "new" resolution canceling 1859 which it has not done yet.

The Special Fund of the United Nations

They can also tell Kuwait "enough" and cancel the debt and kuwait can't do a dang thing about it.

dirt14

thats right boys, stand up and demand release, yeehaw

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum