I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iraq expects 2010 budget deficit, asks IMF loan

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

LittleKracker finds:

Iraq expects 2010 budget deficit, asks IMF loan

Wednesday, October 28th 2009 4:43 PM

Kirkuk, 28 October (AKnews) – the 2010 Iraqi budget is expected to be deeply affected by a sharp deficit, however, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) is expected to give Iraq a huge loan to redress the balance, says an MP on the Financial Committee in the Iraqi parliament.The Iraqi Ministry of Oil

“Iraq is expected to be struck by a sharp deficit of US$18 billion in its 2010 budget,” mentions Ismail Shukur, deputy head of the Financial Committee in the Iraqi parliament.

The IMF will loan Iraq a package of US$7 billion which can redress the balance to some extent, according to Shukur.

Iraq exports 2.5 million barrels of oil everyday, which counts for most of its income.

“The Iraqi budget is heavily relying on oil exports, expected to sell each barrel of oil for US$70 to US$80 in world markets next year. Iraq, however, has calculated that each barrel of oil will be sold for an average price of US$62.5,” he concluded.

ry AKnews

Just_AL

Just_AL

Are they expecting the price of oil to come back down? Last I read it was around $80/barrel.

We keep hearing they are getting the loan, we never hear when. Arrow

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum