I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

news summary from Iraq

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1news summary from Iraq Empty news summary from Iraq Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:25 am

lionheart

lionheart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News Summary

November 18, 2009 - 01:24:57

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: Following is a summary of news reports posted until 04:00 p.m. Baghdad local time Wednesday–Nov. 18:

*Politics:

BAGHDAD - Iraqi Vice President Tareq al-Hashemi announced on Wednesday that he had vetoed the new election law, throwing the January vote and a planned U.S. troop drawdown into question.

ARBIL - A one-day conference has been held in Arbil city on the role of political parties in the democratic process of the Iraqi Kurdistan region.

BAGHDAD - The Independent High Electoral Commission (IHEC) announced on Wednesday ceasing all its activities two hours after Vice President Tareq al-Hashemi had vetoed the election law.

*Security:

DIALA - A Sahwa leader was killed by al-Qaeda gunmen in Baaquba late Tuesday, commander of Sahwa fighters in Diala said on Wednesday.

SALAH EL-DIN - Two Katyusha rockets and a mortar shell hit two US bases in Salah el-Din province, a source from the joint coordination center in Tikrit said on Wednesday.

SULAIMANIYA - The Sulaimaniya Criminal Court on Wednesday handed a 15-year jail sentence to a detainee accused of terrorism, the Sulaimaniya security department said.

BAGHDAD - Nine people were arrested in Najaf, Diala and Baghdad, while two bombs were defused in Missan, the Baghdad Operations Command said on Wednesday.

BAGHDAD - The Iraqi Vice President Tareq al-Hashemi on Wednesday held the Iraqi army 24th brigade and its commander, Colonel Raheem Kareem Resan, responsible for the killings of 17 people in Abu-Ghraib district.

*Economy:

BASRA - Deputy governor of Basra, Nezar Rabieaa al-Jaberi, discussed on Wednesday with a delegation from the United Arab Emirates the investment opportunities and the latest economic developments in the southern province

BASRA - An international workshop on the effect of the water scarcity in increasing the salt percentage in water in Basra began on Wednesday with the participation of researchers from several countries, according to a member of the preparatory committee of the workshop.

BAGHDAD - The Iraqi Industry Ministry has developed its production of soap, according to a release issued by the ministry on Wednesday.

BAGHDAD - The Central Bank of Iraq’s (CBI) dollar sales dropped to $133.090 million in its daily auction on Wednesday, compared to $144.154 million during the previous session.

MISSAN - The Missan local authority has allocated ID7 billion to build 15 schools at the province’s marshes

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum