I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Bank of Iraq upgrades Misys systems

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

KRACKER FIND:

Trade Bank of Iraq upgrades Misys systems
by Mark SuttonThis

Tuesday, 11 November 2008

Trade Bank of Iraq (TBI) is set to deploy an integrated solution from Misys to improve its services and expand into universal banking.

As a government-owned commercial bank, TBI is responsible for facilitating Iraq’s international trade and reconstruction program, and is therefore looking to improve trade financing to boost Iraq’s economy.

The bank will upgrade its core banking system to the latest version of Misys Equation, and will also integrate Misys Trade Innovation Plus 2.0 trade services application and the Equation Branch Automation application.

Hussein Al-Uzri, chairman of TBI said: “Our reputation is built on excellence performance and we continue to exceed performance expectations. Selecting a company with Misys’ pedigree and experience is important in helping us achieve our ambitions. Thus, through an open trade and investment regime, an investor-friendly business environment is dawning. This will confirm our position as one of the biggest and most successful trade finance banks in the Middle East.”

The new solution will be deployed at the TBI head office in Baghdad, with the EBA system supporting staff in the bank’s six branches. The system will also be integrated with other channels for banking services like ATM and online.

Roy Froud, Head of Middle East and Africa, Misys Banking said: “Trade Bank of Iraq is playing an important role in helping with the economic rehabilitation of Iraq. The strength of the Misys solution and our experience in retail banking and trade finance were important factors in our winning the contract.”

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum