I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Palestine,Iraq top priorities for GCC summit

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

littlekracker

Palestine, Iraq top priorities for GCC summit in Kuwait
Saudi Gazette - 09 December, 2009

The Secretary General of the Gulf Cooperation Council said on Tuesday that next week’s summit in Kuwait would be “exceptional in the history of Gulf summits.”

Abdul Rahman Bin Hamad Al-Attiyah said that the meeting, to be held on Dec. 14 and 15, had at the top of its list of priorities Palestine and Iraq.

“The summit will discuss political and regional issues, most notably the Palestinian Cause and the situation in Iraq, relations with Iran and its nuclear program, as well as security and military issues,” Al-Attiyah said.

He said the preparatory meetings scheduled for the day prior to the summit’s commencement, the first of which will gather GCC foreign ministers, will set the summit schedule and program decisions before being passed on to state heads, while also putting the final touches on the closing statement and the summit’s Kuwait Declaration.

A further meeting the same day of GCC foreign and finance ministers would prepare the economic issues put before the summit, Al-Attiyah said.

The top GCC official added that other areas of discussion would include member-state cooperation in energy, commerce, industry, transport and communications, water and electricity, agriculture, planning, statistics, statistics and patenting.

“The summit is also scheduled to witness the launching ceremony of the electricity link up between GCC member countries,” Al-Attiyah said.

here's a great idea....maybe at this meeting they can get kuwait and saudi to forgive all the their debt to iraq!!!! then chap. 7 can go bye bye!!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum