I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Key issues for GCC summit

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Key issues for GCC summit Empty Key issues for GCC summit Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:02 pm

littlekracker

Key issues for GCC summit’

QNA/Kuwait

The 30th GCC summit to be held in Kuwait in mid-December is of great importance as it comes amid the continuing repercussions of the global financial crisis on the region’s economies, Chairman of Qatar Chamber of Commerce and Industry HE Sheikh Khalifa bin Jassim al-Thani said.

In remarks to Kuwait News Agency yesterday, Sheikh Khalifa said the summit was expected to approve the GCC monetary union ahead of the launch of the GCC currency in 2010.

The QCCI chairman said Qatar was among the first to approve the GCC monetary union. He expressed optimism that Kuwait and Bahrain would ratify the project in order to present it to the leaders at the Kuwait summit.

On the pegging of the new currency to the US dollar, he said this issue would be decided upon in Kuwait.

Sheikh Khalifa recalled HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani’s call for a consultative GCC summit last May which aimed to bolster GCC joint action.

The Gulf power linkage was another important issue at the Kuwait summit, he said, and the leaders were set to sign an agreement in this regard.

2Key issues for GCC summit Empty Re: Key issues for GCC summit Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:28 am

On the pegging of the new currency to the US dollar, he said this issue would be decided upon in Kuwait.

If they agree to a dollar peg...I would think kuwaits currency has to jump off the basket back to dollar peg...that would flood kuwait with hot money JMO

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum