I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iraqi private banks prepare for a conference in Beirut

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Source: Dar Al-Hayat - 18/12/2009

Iraqi private banks prepare for a conference in Beirut

Iraqi private banks called on the Iraqi Central Bank, to support the idea held a conference in Beirut late January (January) next, in an unprecedented step and have a strong indication of the desire of the Iraqi banking sector, to benefit from Arab and his abilities and experience accumulated.

The President of the Association of Iraqi private banks Fouad al-Hassani told to «life», «to discuss the idea of holding the conference under the slogan of the inevitability of the advancement of Iraqi banks to return to the Arab and international, between representatives of the Association Adnan Chalabi and the appearance of sweets and Central Bank Governor Sinan Al-Shabibi, when taking part in the meeting the annual Union of Arab Banks, which was held in the Lebanese capital in November (November) the past ».

He referred to the «proposal, was that the themes of the conference focused on research, in fact the capital of Iraqi private banks, and the expectations increase, and the possibility of transfer of technology to the Iraqi banking sector and its development and discuss the decisions of the Commission« Basel »and ways to apply».

He pointed out that the conference «will also discuss the subject of a very dynamic, with the participation of Iraqi banks in the International Financial Services (IFSA), and the application of local accounting standards and International Financial Reporting (IFRS)».

He stressed the importance in the «make Iraqi banks keep up with my work in the form of international standards for the sector».

He said it to the conference will be attended by more than 150 Iraqi banking, representing 30 banks, «would be an important framework in which the participants will exchange ideas and opinions, and to benefit from the experience of Lebanese banks and rich experience, in addition to brief on recent developments and changes taking place in the banking arena of Iraq and its quest to return to the international arena ».

It is noteworthy that the limited capital funds to Iraqi banks between $ 40 and $ 70 million, a problem afflicting the sector as a result of its inability to invest on a large scale, and it needs to finance large, making many Iraqi banks tend to the formation of Mutual Funds to provide a great deal of flexibility in the financing of investment projects in the sectors of capital needs are high, such as real estate, industry and agriculture.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum