I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iraq PM calls for stronger economic ties with Egypt

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

littlekracker

Iraq PM calls for stronger economic ties with Egypt

CAIRO, Dec 20, 2009 (AFP) - Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki called for stronger economic ties with Egypt during a visit to Cairo on Sunday, the official MENA news agency reported.

Maliki met with his Egyptian counterpart Ahmed Nazif, with whom he discussed "means to promote economic, trade and investment ties," MENA said.

The two premiers also discussed Egypt's efforts in helping rebuild Iraqi infrastructure.

Ahead of the visit, Maliki told Egyptian television he wanted to "invite Egypt to participate in Iraq's reconstruction."

The visit is a sign of strengthening bilateral relations.

In November, a new Egyptian ambassador took up his position in Baghdad, which had been vacant since Cairo's charge d'affaires was murdered in Iraq in 2005.

Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari was in Cairo last month to attend meetings of an Egyptian-Iraqi commission tasked with consolidating bilateral relations.

Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Abul Gheit was in Baghdad in 2008, in the first visit by a high-level Egyptian official to Iraq since 1990.

cr/jaz/hkb

©️ Copyright AFP 2009.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum