I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Minister of Electricity and excludes enable the Ministry to implement its plan for the new year

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Minister of Electricity and excludes enable the Ministry to implement its plan for the new year

السبت 02 ك2 2010 12:40 GMT

Electricity network in the Taji power plant species

Alsumaria News / Baghdad

Ruled out the Iraqi electricity minister, Karim Wahid, said the annual budget allocated to his ministry for 2010 sufficient to cover the projects and plan the new year, while the Ministry is seeking to adopt cooperation with investment companies to cover a few customizations.

He added a single in an interview with "Alsumaria News" on Saturday, that "what has been allocated to the Ministry of Electricity within the budget of the new year 2010 is the sum of one billion dollars only," stressing that the amount of "very small and that the ministry needs at four to five billion dollars for the implementation of the an annual plan. "

The minister pointed out that Iraq had "suffered a deficit in electric power up to five thousand megawatts, producing electricity and the Ministry of eight thousand megawatts, with an estimated actual need thirteen thousand," he says.

He added that the ministry "agreed with the group of companies, the investment in the electricity sector through the addition of four new generating units to stations Rumaila and east of Basra province, Basra, Dhi Qar and molasses station in Kirkuk, it is hoped to increase the production rate of three thousand megawatts," without clarifying the mechanism companies to obtain the funds to be financed by new projects.

The single that companies that "will start work this year after obtaining Cabinet approval for the project," pointing to the cabinet would discuss the matter at its next meeting, "he said.

It is noteworthy that Iraq is suffering a shortage in the supply of electricity since 1990 in the wake of the United Nations imposed a blockade on Iraq, the problem was exacerbated after the war in 2003, and increased hours of power cuts to about twenty hours a day, increasing the adoption of the inhabitants of small power generators and public organizations.

I thought the IMF or World bank was giving them a loan for this????

windreader1

Yes, think you are right. Believe this is part of the reconstruction funding. What is interesting is that it states dollars, not dinars.

windreader1 wrote:Yes, think you are right. Believe this is part of the reconstruction funding. What is interesting is that it states dollars, not dinars.

Good Point...I didn't pick up them stating it in dollars instead of dinars.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum