I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

GCC backs Kuwait in Iraq's dispute

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1GCC backs Kuwait in Iraq's dispute Empty GCC backs Kuwait in Iraq's dispute Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:10 am

mocha

mocha

GCC backs Kuwait in Iraq's dispute

Associated Press
2009-06-09 12:58 AM

The Gulf states on Monday gave Kuwait their full support in its dispute with Iraq over the 1991 war reparations and border demarcation.
In a statement issued after an emergency meeting, foreign ministers of the six-nation Gulf Cooperation Council said Iraq should comply with U.N. resolutions related to the war.

Tension between the two neighbors escalated last week when some Iraqi lawmakers demanded compensation from Kuwait for facilitating the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq in 2003.

The lawmakers were angered by Kuwait's rejection of measures to remove the U.N.'s description of Iraq as a threat to international peace and security which was imposed after Saddam Hussein invaded the country in 1990.

2GCC backs Kuwait in Iraq's dispute Empty Re: GCC backs Kuwait in Iraq's dispute Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:33 pm

In a statement issued after an emergency meeting<---How many emergency meetings was there the last two days???

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum