I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

$741 millionreserves rise by

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1$741 millionreserves rise by Empty $741 millionreserves rise by Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:15 pm

littlekracker

Forex reserves rise by $741 million

Our Bureau

Mumbai, Jan. 15

India's foreign exchange reserves rose by $741 million to $284.262 billion in the week ended January 8 on the back of increase in foreign currency assets.

In the previous week ended January 1, forex reserves had nudged up marginally by $22 million. Since March-end 2009, India's forex reserves have surged by $32.277 billion.

A break-up of the total forex reserves shows that in the reporting week, foreign currency assets surged by $772 million even as special drawing rights and India's reserve position in the IMF declined by $24 million and $7 million respectively.

Foreign currency assets expressed in US dollar terms include the effect of appreciation or depreciation of non-US currencies.

As on January 8, India's foreign currency assets and gold reserves stood at $259.406 billion and $18.292 billion respectively. Special drawing rights and India's reserve position in the IMF stood at $5.145 billion and $1.419 billion respectively.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum