I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Articles of Agreement of the International Monetary Fund

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

outkastjamz

Articles of Agreement of the International Monetary Fund
Article IV - Obligations Regarding Exchange Arrangements

http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/aa/aa04.htm

Here is where Iraq has a problem.

They have stated that with a Low exchange rate their exports
are cheaper to market.

China does the same thing.

Article IV - Obligations Regarding Exchange Arrangements

Section 1. General obligations of members
Recognizing that the essential purpose of the international monetary system is to provide a framework that facilitates the exchange of goods, services, and capital among countries, and that sustains sound economic growth, and that a principal objective is the continuing development of the orderly underlying conditions that are necessary for financial and economic stability, each member undertakes to collaborate with the Fund and other members to assure orderly exchange arrangements and to promote a stable system of exchange rates.
In particular, each member shall:

...avoid manipulating exchange rates... to gain an unfair competitive advantage over other members...

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

True SHM....but the difference between China and Iraq is that China exports more than they import.....Iraq on the other hand has to import nearly everything, including refined fuel....this is why Iraq needs purchasing power behind their currency.

I absolutely agree, that differance means everything!

Panhead wrote:

True SHM....but the difference between China and Iraq is that China exports more than they import.....Iraq on the other hand has to import nearly everything, including refined fuel....this is why Iraq needs purchasing power behind their currency.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum