I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Turkey, IMF have different perspective on future projections, economy minister says

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

littlekracker

Turkey, IMF have different perspective on future projections, economy minister says

Turkey's State Minister & Deputy Prime Minister Ali Babacan said that Turkey and the IMF had different views on what would happen in Turkey and the world in 2010 and 2011.

"The reason why we could not agree is different, we had different perspectives on future projections, but I will not elaborate," he said during Economy Press Forum of Middle East & Eastern Mediterranean Countries in Ankara.

Turkey's Economy Correspondents' Association (EMD) organized the forum which brought together journalists from Azerbaijan, Iran, Iraq, Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC), Syria, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Sudan and Tunisia.

During the meeting, Babacan said Turkey and IMF would be at a different point if they had a full compromise on a stand-by arrangement.

Babacan said Turkey and the fund had a full compromise on medium-term program, fiscal rules and targets.

The minister said Turkey had just launched the medium-term economic program, and therefore a revision was out of question for the time being.

On Wednesday, Turkey's Treasury Undersecretariat said an IMF delegation was invited to Turkey on April 24-25 to have talks on Article IV following IMF-World Bank spring meetings. Talks on Article IV was a consultation mechanism required to be fulfilled by all member countries every year under IMF Main Deal.

Turkish State Minister & Deputy Prime Minister Ali Babacan said that Turkey did not have any necessity to sign a deal with the IMF.

"There won't be any talks over a stand-by programme with the IMF till May," Babacan said.

Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan also said on Wednesday Turkey and the IMF jointly decided not to sign a stand-by arrangement.

Turkey's previous deal with the fund ended in May 2008.

12 March 2010, Friday
THE ANATOLIA NEWS AGENCY ANKARA

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum