I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Iraqi government attracts international investment companies

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

littlekracker

The Iraqi government attracts international investment companies
Friday, April 9th 2010 2:02 PM

Baghdad, April 9, (AKnews) - A ministerial committee was formed to attract investment companies to work in the country, in addition to an extended conference for the investing companies in Iraq, the economic adviser of the Iraqi government said today.

"The Iraqi government set up an expanded committee in all institutions involved in supporting investment in Iraq to find ways to attract the largest number of global investment firms to revive the basic sectors such as electricity, housing, trade and others...in the country," Salam Al-Quraishi told The Independent National News Agency of Kurdistan (AKnews).

"The Iraqi government plans to hold an extended conference to discuss the main problems of the investment companies after having worked for a long time in Iraq," he said.

He add that the government found many of the problems that were blocking the growth of investment in the country, especially with regard to interference in the work of institutions and the relationship between the federal government and provinces that needs to give it many powers.".

"The investment in Iraq is much better than the years that followed the political change in Iraq after April 2003, but it needs more studies and logical processors which demarcates the areas of investment in the country."

Iraq attracted in the past years more than 235 private global investment company with respect to the development of the oil and trade sectors in the country.

The Ministry of Communications & Transport presented many important investment projects to support the infrastructure of the country.

Rn/SH (AKnews)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum