I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Philippines, South Korea, Japan: Asian Bonds, Currency Preview

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

windreader1

April 25, 2010, 7:39 PM ED

By V. Ramakrishnan

April 26 (Bloomberg) -- The following events and economic reports may influence trading in Asia’s local bonds and currencies today. Bond yields and exchange rates are from the previous trading session unless stated otherwise.

Japan: Chief Cabinet Secretary Hirofumi Hirano will hold media briefings at 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. in Tokyo.

The yield on the 1.4 percent government bond due March 2020 was unchanged at 1.315 percent, according to Japan Bond Trading Co., the nation’s largest interdealer debt broker.

The yen traded at 94.11 per dollar at 8:02 a.m. in Tokyo.

China: The Agricultural Development Bank of China will sell 10 billion yuan of five-year bonds today.

The yield on the 3.65 percent note due November 2020 was at 3.45 percent, according to the China Interbank Bond Market. The yuan traded at 6.8280 per dollar.

South Korea: The central bank will sell 1 trillion won of one-year bonds; 800 billion won of 20-year bonds; 1.5 trillion won of 91-day bonds and 2 trillion won of 28-day bonds today.

The yield on South Korea’s 5.75 percent bond due September 2018 was 4.95 percent, according to Korea Stock Exchange. The won was at 1,108.28.

Malaysia: The central bank will today sell a total of 6 billion ringgit ($1.9 billion) of notes maturing in 86, 119 and 147 days. The government will auction 3.5 billion ringgit of August 2015 bonds on April 29.

The yield on the 3.21 percent note due May 2013 was 2.95 percent. The ringgit was at 3.2010.

Philippines: The government has scheduled its March budget report tomorrow in Manila, according to the Department of Finance. Finance Undersecretary Gil Beltran said this month that the government likely met its 110.9 billion peso deficit target in the first quarter. The shortfall was 70.3 billion pesos in the first two months of the year.

The yield on the 7.75 percent debt due February 2020 was 8.0 percent, according to Philippine Dealing & Exchange Corp. The peso was at 44.325 per dollar.

Taiwan: The Central Bank of China will today publish M2 money supply data for March. It grew 5.1 percent in February. The yield on the 1.375 percent bond maturing in March 2020 was at 1.442 percent, according to Gretai Securities Market, Taiwan’s biggest exchange for bonds. The Taiwan dollar was at NT$31.33.

Thailand: The nation will sell 4 billion baht ($124 million) of 28-day bills, 5 billion baht of 91-day bills and 5 billion baht of 182-day bills.

The yield on the 3.875 percent bond maturing in June 2019 was 3.518 percent. The baht was at 32.22 per dollar.

Great find....we can use this to ref back too if anybody moves.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum