I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Potential Date Exposed — IMF Timeline for gov. Banks

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

azdinar

Potential Date Exposed — IMF Timeline for gov. Banks

Paragraph 22 — Page 10

The banking sector is in urgent need of reform to foster financial intermediation andenable banks to contribute to the development of a strong private sector. With the help of the
World Bank and other international agencies, we have developed a banking sector reform
strategy. The first important step will be to finalize the restructuring of Rafidain and Rasheed
banks, based on their completed financial and operational audits. In this regard, the foreign
liabilities incurred by Rafidain and Rasheed on behalf of the previous regime and the large
suspense accounts will need be removed from these banks’ balance sheets. We aim to
complete the restructuring of the balance sheets of Rafidain and Rasheed by June 30, 2010.
Once their balance sheets are cleaned up and restructured, based on the decision already
made by the Economic Committee, the capital of Rafidain and Rasheed will be raised to
ID500 billion and ID400 billion, respectively.

THERE’S MORE – #4 AND #5

Table 2. Iraq: Prior Actions and Structural Benchmarks Under the Stand-By Arrangement

II. Structural Benchmarks Date Status
Program Safeguards and Central Banking

1. Completion by an external auditor of the audit of the CBI 2008 financial
statements in accordance with International Standards on Auditing. March 31, 2010

2. Prepare and submit to the Governor of the CBI monthly reports on the status of
the CBI’s investment portfolio, in light of the investment criteria established in the
reserve management guidelines.
March 31, 2010

3. Provide to IMF staff: (i)

the completed special audit data as of December 31,
2009, including on the CBI’s net international reserves and net domestic assets,
and (ii) the draft 2009 audited financial statements and draft management letter.
March 31, 2010

Bank Restructuring

4. Completion of the restructuring of the balance sheets of Rasheed and Rafidain
banks. June 30, 2010

Public Financial Management

5. Complete review of all accounts in the banking system that are classified as
central government accounts and reconcile them with Treasury records, returning
any idle balances received from the budget to the central Treasury.March 31, 2010

6. Submit

· to the Board of Supreme Audit and to the Council of Representatives the
final accounts of the Federal Budget for the year ending December 31,
2008; March 31, 2010

· to the Council of Representatives and publish the audited accounts of the
Federal Budget for the years ending December 31, 2005 and December
31, 2006; and March 31, 2010

· to the Board of Supreme Audit and to the Council of Representatives the
final accounts of the Federal Budget for the year ending December 31,
2009. September 30, 2010

http://www.imf.org/external/np/loi/2010/irq/020810.pdf

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]