I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ban Ki-moon urges Iraqi leaders to quickly form an inclusive government

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

Ban Ki-moon urges Iraqi leaders to quickly form an inclusive government and homogeneous

Ban Ki-moon urges Iraqi leaders to quickly form an inclusive government and homogeneous
PUKmedia agencies: 05/23/2010 UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, in his report on the United Nations Mission in Iraq (UNAMI), Iraqi political leaders to move quickly to form a new government, "a comprehensive and coherent", and expressed his organization's readiness to help in the event of the desire of the Iraqi parties do so, stressing at the time that the same process of forming a sovereign government for Iraqis alone, and must be free from outside interference.

A statement issued by the UN News Centre Saturday, that the Secretary-General had described the participation of the Iraqi parliamentary elections that took place on the seventh of last March it was broad and comprehensive, urging "the Iraqi leaders to quickly form a new government, a comprehensive and coherent."

Ki-moon said that "these responsibilities that come with democracy is the responsibility of all political parties, especially those that won the largest number of parliamentary seats, will be continuing the lengthy process to form a government in favor of the Iraqi people." He added: "I encourage all the political blocs to enter into negotiations on government formation process to coincide with the completion of the official electoral process."

He also pledged to Secretary-General for United Nations assistance if requested by the parties that, but it emphasized that "the formation of the government must be a process driven Iraqis have a sovereign and free from outside interference." He pointed out that "the government after its formation will face great challenges in the process of national reconciliation and the sharing of natural resources, human rights and reconstruction." Secretary-General said "The challenge lies in consolidating the gains achieved in recent years and prevent armed groups and other spoilers to exploit the situation."

He also warned Ban Ki-moon, according to the statement, leaving unresolved issues regarding the relationship between the Kurdistan Regional Government and the Government of Iraq will have a negative impact on security and political situation in Iraq. He said Secretary-General of the United Nations in the statement "will also be a key factor of regional cooperation to achieve stability in the long term, the Secretary-General urged the government and its neighbors to resolve issues, including contentious issues, including land, sea and the safe return of refugees."

http://pukmedia.com/2009-10-23-12-02-30/4889-2010-05-23-06-06-12

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum