I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kuwait, Cuba enter new era in bilateral relations

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

This is shocking!!! Kuwait helping Cuba!!!!

Kuwait, Cuba enter new era in bilateral relations

Kuwait Times - 19 July, 2010

His Highness the Prime Minister of the State of Kuwait Sheikh Nasser Al-Mohammad Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah held official talks with the First Vice President of the Council of State, Jose Ramon Machado Ventura, on Saturday. The top officials met in presence of members of the Kuwaiti accompanying delegation as well as Cuban ministers and other officials.The officials reviewed the strong brotherly relations, which span three decades, and cooperation in the fields of politics, economy, trade and culture.

The officials also discussed regional issues topped by the Palestinian cause and Israeli settlement expansion and desecration of Muslim sanctities and holy places and international issues including the global financial crisis and the global effort to counter terrorism.

In press remarks, the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Sheikh Dr Mohammad Sabah Al-Salem Al-Sabah described the talks as "fruitful and constructive" and also wide-ranging in theme. He also said the two parties announced a new era of bilateral relations with the appointment of a resident Kuwaiti Ambassador in the Cuban capital, Havana, a move met favorably in Cuba.

Sheikh Mohammad said he was to visit Santiago de Cuba City's water system rehabilitation project, which is financed by Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development (KFAED) and is due for completion soon. The minister noted the fund takes pride in the project which is to supply potable water for a third of the Cuban population, particularly poor communities.

The two sides followed the talks with signing of three agreements; a foreign ministries bilateral consultation agreement signed by Sheikh Mohammad and Cuban Minister of Foreign Relations Bruno Rodriguez Parrilla; a culture and arts cooperation agreement signed by Kuwaiti Minister of Finance Mustafa

Al-Shimali and Cuban Minister of Culture Abel Prieto Jimenez; a trade cooperation agreement signed by Kuwaiti Minister of Commerce and Industry Ahmad Rashid Al-Haroun and Cuban First Vice Minister of Foreign Trade and Investment Antonio Carricarte Corona.

Kuwaiti Minister of Commerce Al-Haroun said the new trade cooperation agreement would open wide horizons for cooperation, especially as Cuba increases its investment appeal. Meetings would be held to work out the technical aspects, and the Kuwaiti side showed willingness to venture into investment as well as boost cooperation in trade and industry, the minister noted.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum