I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kuwait agrees in principle to open a border crossing with Iraq, oil

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kuwait agrees in principle to open a border crossing with Iraq, oil

Tuesday, July 20 / July 2010 03:46 | Print

ب Baghdad
-

Iraqi oil official said on Monday that Kuwait has given preliminary approval to open a special border crossing with Iraq are using the international oil companies operating in Iraq contracts ...

Abdul-Mehdi al-Amidi, the Director of Licensing oil ministry, speaking on the sidelines of a meeting in Baghdad between the ministry and executives from oil companies that there is a kind of preliminary approval from the Kuwaiti side.

He reported that Iraq obtained this information from the contracting companies, which said she had talked with the Kuwaiti government and said there were preliminary approval to use the road near Safwan, passes from the Rumaila.

And extends many of the oil fields across the border between the two countries, including oilfields and Safwan.

Amidi said the new border crossing will facilitate the flow of equipment for the oil companies that won contracts to develop Iraqi oil fields. He is scheduled to begin and the Iraqi Foreign Ministry official talks with Iraq.

Complain that senior executives in the oil industry at the start of work on the projects from inadequate space docks at the port of Umm Qasr, the main port in the country and bureaucratic obstacles to obtaining visas and customs clearance and corruption.

He said Iraqi Oil Minister Hussain al-Shahristani said on Sunday that will address the problem of port opening of new land-border crossings.

He pointed out that the Iraqi Interior Ministry had agreed to issue visas in Iraqi airports for staff who work in the contracts to develop the fields.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum