I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Azerbaijan, Iraq keen on deepening ties

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Azerbaijan, Iraq keen on deepening ties Empty Azerbaijan, Iraq keen on deepening ties Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:09 am

littlekracker

Azerbaijan, Iraq keen on deepening ties

Thu 05 August 2010 | 05:35 GMT

The chairman of Azerbaijan's Milli Majlis, Ogtay Asadov, has met the new Iraqi ambassador to Azerbaijan, Hayder Shiya Ghubeshi Albarrak.

Asadov congratulated the ambassador on his appointment and wished him every success in his career.

He hoped that during his tenure the diplomat would contribute to developing cooperation between Azerbaijan and Iraq, adding that Azerbaijan attached special importance to cooperation with Iraq.

Asadov also said that as part of the US-led anti-terrorism campaign Azerbaijani peacekeepers were serving in Iraq to ensure stability and security.

He said that the Azerbaijani leadership was determined to boost the relationship with Iraq. He stressed the need to deepen trade and economic cooperation between the two countries and said that Azerbaijan was keen to develop interparliamentary ties with Iraq.

The Speaker also said his country would always support Iraq in promoting democracy, strengthening the economy, sovereignty and security.

Asadov also welcomed Iraq's support for Azerbaijan's position in international organizations including the UN and Organization of the Islamic Conference.

For his part, the Iraqi ambassador said his country was interested in expanding relations with Azerbaijan. He underlined the need to deepen bilateral trade and economic cooperation.

Touching upon the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, the diplomat said his country supported Azerbaijan's territorial integrity. The ambassador also vowed to contribute to strengthening the relationship between Azerbaijan and Iraq.

AzerTAj

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum