I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

U.S. calls on Iraq's annexation of the membership of the GCC

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

U.S. calls on Iraq's annexation of the membership of the GCC

Thursday: 25-6 - 2009 Number: 1089

Called U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates, the Arab Gulf States to discuss the possibility of annexation of Iraq as part of the Gulf Cooperation Council.

Gates said that the countries of the Gulf and the rest of the Middle East to provide support to Iraq in the face of what he described as Iran's attempts to "destabilize" the Baghdad government.

Gates told senior defense officials in a number of Gulf countries and the Middle East, said "Support for the Gulf States will help Iraq to contain Iran's ambitions."

He called on U.S. Secretary of Defense Gulf governments that consider allowing Iraq to join the regional organizations such as the Gulf Cooperation Council, and help Iraq through the sharing of intelligence information and the development of border control efforts.

Participated in the meeting, delegates from 11 countries, including the six Gulf Arab states and the forces of other Middle East including Iraq, Egypt, Jordan and Lebanon.

The minister accused Iran of aiding the U.S. groups that launched attacks on government targets in Iraq as part of a broad campaign to influence the direction of this country.

Gates said that "Iran is training and equipping groups that seek to destabilize the elected Iraqi government."

He said the United States is ready to help the Gulf states to confront potential threats from Iran, but stressed the need for regional governments to establish relations with Iraq.

He told officers, "As I said in the past, the Iraqis want to be your partners."

The defense minister admitted the feelings of discontent with the ongoing Arab countries because of the US-led invasion of Iraq in 2003, but said that in the interest of regional powers to support the Baghdad government.

He said he wants Washington to open a dialogue with Tehran, it is also working to ensure the security interests of its allies in the region and prevent the spread of nuclear weapons.

Gates stressed that "if necessary we will move through a counter-terrorism operations and the sharing of intelligence information to prevent illegal shipments of weapons or materials."

In a reference to the unrest in the streets of Tehran, Gates said that the differences on the outcome of the presidential election should be resolved "within Iran."

He said, "we have followed with interest and concern to what happened after the elections," he said.

"With that the matter should be decided in Iran by the Iranian people strongly believe that the Iranian people deserve to be heard away from the violence and intimidation."

http://74.125.53.132/translate_c?hl=en&langpair=ar|en&u=http://almothaqaf.com/new/index.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26view%3Darticle%26id%3D2200:2009-06-25-01-11-29%26catid%3D42:2009-05-23-11-31-27%26Itemid%3D72&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhjjMaOUS7BuX3mHXaSrEZXBwpRHFQ
Back to top Go down

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum