I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

more to consider when you travel to cash in

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

chittychittybangbang

Many of you will have to travel to where you choose to cash-in. Many of you will have a over/nite stay coming and going, whether by car, charter bus in a group, air lines. Many will stay in a ultra nice clean,modern secure hotel,motel.

The rest of the story:

At check in you will register, and after doing so you will be given an electronic lock/keycard for each of you. This allow you many convienant opportunities. You will only need you key/card for the restaurant, Bar/lounge, pool area, parking garage. Now consider this!

Ever wonder what is on your magnetic key card?

Answer:
a. Customer's name
B. Customer's partial home address
c. Hotel room number
d. Check-in date and out dates
e. Customer's credit card number and expiration date!

When you turn them in to the front desk your personal information is there for any employee to access by simply scanning the card in the hotel scanner.. An employee can take a hand full of cards home and using a scanning device, access the information onto a laptop computer and go shopping at your expense.

Simply put, hotels do not erase the information on these cards until an employee reissues the card to the next hotel guest. At that time, the new guest's information is electronically 'overwritten' on the card and the previous guest's information is erased in the overwriting process.

But until the card is rewritten for the next guest, it usually is kept in a drawer at the front desk with YOUR INFORMATION ON IT!

The bottom line is: Keep the cards, take them home with you, or destroy them. NEVER leave them behind in the room or room wastebasket, and NEVER turn them into the front desk when you check out of a room. They will not charge you for the card (it's illegal) and you'll be sure you are not leaving a lot of valuable personal information on it that could be easily lifted off with any simple scanning device card reader.

For the same reason, if you arrive at the airport and discover you still have the card key in your pocket, do not toss it in an airport trash basket. Take it home and destroy it by cutting it up, especially through the electronic information strip!

If you have a small magnet, pass it across the magnetic strip several times. Then try it in the door, it will not work. It erases everything on the card.

Lonnie
New Mexico Office Dinar Trade

Last edited by chittychittybangbang on Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Linda

Thank You sooo much Chitty for all of your insight and information that you are sharing with us! It is much appreaciated!

Linda

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum