I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Japan FinMin: Govt Ready To Take Decisive Measures On Currency

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

littlekracker

Japan FinMin: Govt Ready To Take Decisive Measures On Currency
9/8/2010 3:43 AM ET

(RTTNews) - The Japanese government will take decisive measures if necessary to control the appreciation of the yen against the dollar after the yen soared to a 15-year high, finance minister Yoshihiko Noda said Wednesday. The minister told lawmakers that those measures include foreign-exchange market intervention.

The central bank is ready to take additional measures, provided the downside risks materialize and the economy worsens at a faster pace, Bank of Japan governor Masaaki Shirakawa reportedly said in parliament. He expressed concern over the strong yen.

Yesterday, at the policy board meeting, the BoJ pledged to maintain an extremely accommodative financial environment. It also promised to take more policy actions if judged necessary to kickstart the economy.

The dollar hit 83.50 versus the yen on Tuesday, extending its lowest levels since 1995. Its previous 15-year low was 83.58, registered in August.

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

It was always 100 to 120 to the dollar when I lived in Okinawa.....seen times the it hit 150 and 169 at times.

I thought "people" were telling them NOT to intervene in it???

littlekracker

ck the EU told japan NOT to intervene

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum