I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kuwait RV's, no other GCC members expected to follow

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

Just came across this.............does anybody have any idea if this affect the IQD???

Kuwait Revalues Their Dinar: 10/4/2010

Kuwait’s central bank began pegging its dinar to a basket of currencies on Sunday, dropping a dollar peg adopted in 2003 to prepare for monetary union in the world’s top oil exporting region, the state news agency reported.

Kuwait also revalued its dinar, allowing the currency to appreciate 0.37 percent against dollar after months of market pressure on the exchange rate.

The new rate set by the central bank was $0.28806 compared with $0.28914.

‘Kuwait has decided, starting from today, that the exchange rate of the Kuwaiti dinar is to be based on a basket of the main global currencies,’ Kuna news agency quoted central bank governor Sheikh Salem Abdul-Aziz al-Sabah as saying.

Meanwhile, five other members of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) will likely not follow Kuwait in revaluing their currencies, the bloc’s secretary-general said.

“I don’t expect other member states to follow Kuwait’s revaluation move,” Abdul-Rahman al-Attiya told Reuters by telephone.

Oman’s central bank governor said Oman was still committed to keeping its currency pegged to the dollar.

“We are still committed to the dollar peg policy,” Hamood Sangour al-Zadjali told Reuters by telephone from Muscat.

“At the Central Bank of Oman we did not know about this,” Zadjali said. “There was a position by the leaders of all Gulf countries to remain pegged to the dollar and we have abided by that decision,” he said.

http://www.tradearab...�O&artid=124047

....dang

Last edited by MrsCK on Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

Disregard....looks like an article from 2007 with the date changed, cannot find this article on the site link and the title is not found on Google this year.[b]

WELL CRAP PAN!!! Had me excited that it was the beginning........agggggg oh well back to waiting

yup..... May 20, 2007

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum