I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

National Australia Bank's glitch continues to affect thousands of customers Xinhua

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

From Agencies
National Australia Bank's glitch continues to affect thousands of customers
Xinhua
Updated: 2010-11-28 12:30:00
Comments(0) PrintMail
Large Medium Small

CANBERRA, November 28 (Xinhua) -- The National Australia Bank (NAB) on Sunday said it is making good progress to fix a computer glitch that has left thousands without access to their money, but cannot confirm when the problem will be finally resolved.

A corrupted file in the NAB's computers on Wednesday jammed its payment system, which resulted in payments not being deposited into customer bank accounts.

Wages and welfare benefits were delayed, settlements and property deals frozen, automated teller machine (ATM) and eftpos transactions shut off. Transactions on subsequent days have also been delayed.

According to NAB spokesman George Wright, the bank is working around the clock to fix the problem and will open sixteen branches in New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland on Sunday.

Wright said work on the problem is progressing but there are still delays of 12 to 24 hours for some customers.

"We don't have a precise figure, clearly a large number of people were affected," he told the Australia Associated Press on Sunday. "We've got a long way through rectifying those issues at the moment, we still have a way to go and we'll provide a further update this afternoon."

Earlier on Friday, Commonwealth Bank, Australia and New Zealand Bank, Westpac, HSBC and Citi have all confirmed that some of their customer transactions have been affected by the errors in the NAB' s data processing.

Meanwhile, NAB customers have expressed anger, grief and disbelief that such a crippling problem could hit one of the big four banks.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/xinhua/2010-11-28/content_1293920.html

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum