I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Roundup: Vietnam's gold prices keep going up

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

littlekracker

Roundup: Vietnam's gold prices keep going up
Friday, February 18, 2011 8:36 AM

HANOI, Feb. 18, 2011 (Xinhua News Agency) -- Vietnam's average gold prices closed at 37.47 million Vietnamese dong (1,803 U.S. dollars) a tael, equivalent to 1.2 ounce on Friday, posting an increase of 500,000 Vietnamese dong (24.06 U.S dollars) against the previous trading session.

In the capital city Hanoi, Bao Tin Minh Chau Company quoted buying gold price at 37.37 million Vietnamese dong (1,798 U.S. dollars) a tael on Friday and selling gold price at 37.47 million Vietnamese dong (1,803 U.S. dollars) a tael.

In the country's southern Ho Chi Minh City, Sacombank Company quoted buying gold price at 37.31 million Vietnamese dong (1,795 U. S. dollars) a tael and selling gold price at 37.41 million Vietnamese dong (1,780 U.S. dollars) a tael on Friday.

The country's gold prices went up 1,400,000 Vietnamese dong (67. 36 U.S dollars) a tael against the last trading session.

During the week, domestic gold selling prices ranged from the highest peak of 37.47 million ?Vietnamese dong (1,803 U.S. dollars) a tael on Friday and the lowest level of 36.17 million Vietnamese dong (1,740 U.S. dollars) a tael on Monday.

Local analysts held that besides the influence of global price, Vietnam's gold prices go up mainly due to the rise of the domestic U.S. dollars price.

Gold prices rose quickly made the jewelry businesses more cautious, reflected in the gap between the buying and selling gold is being widened.

Meanwhile, the interbank rate of the State Bank today continues to decrease from 20,683 Vietnamese dong/U.S. dollar on Thursday to 20,678 Vietnamese dong/U.S. dollar on Friday.

USD prices at commercial banks also fell after the adjustment of the interbank rate. At Vietcombank, the USD price listed at 20, 785 Vietnamese dong buying and 20,885 Vietnamese dong selling, down 500 dong respectively compared to Thursday.

In Hanoi, gold shops Friday bought one U.S. dollar at an average of 22,100 Vietnamese dong and sold it at 22,250 Vietnamese dong.

johncusak

Gold prices rose bound made the jewellery businesses added cautious, reflected in the gap amid the buying and selling gold is getting widened. Local analysts held that besides the access of all-around price, Vietnam's gold prices go up mainly due to the rise of the domestic U.S. dollars price.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum