I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iran to Revalue Riyal

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Iran to Revalue Riyal Empty Iran to Revalue Riyal Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:32 pm

MrsCK

14 Jul 2011 Yalla Finance

Iran to Revalue Riyal

By Rana Khalifa

The Governor of the Central Bank of Iran, Mahmoud Bahmani, said yesterday that the Iranian government agreed to remove four zeros from the local currency.

The U.S. dollar is worth more than ten thousand Iranian riyals while the Euro is worth more than 15 thousand riyals. The plan to change the currency has been on the government's agenda since the last year, but only recently agreed to reduce the currency's denomination.

Bahmani clarified that the Central Bank and the government are planning to rename the local currency without revealing further details. The Central Bank of Iran said the official inflation rate in that country was 14.2% last May. However, some economic observers are skeptical that it represents the real inflation rate.

Fuel prices have reportedly increased in Iran seven times, particularly after the abolition of government subsidies on food and fuel last December.

Tehran maintains that the international sanctions imposed on the Islamic Republic, against the background of its intransigence over its nuclear program, didn't affect the Iranian national economy.

© Yalla Finance 2011

Iran at it again...they keep having to do this ever couple of years.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum