I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mukherjee to attend IMF World Bank meet in US

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

w8tin

Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee will embark on a week-long visit to the United States from September 21 to attend the 2011 Annual International Monetary Fund (IMF) World Bank meet, where the leaders from all over the world would discuss important issues that would have a direct impact on the global economy.
Mukherjee will lead the Indian delegation comprising Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor D. Subbarao and other senior officials of the finance ministry for the IMF World Bank meet scheduled from September 23 to 25 at Washington.

The objective of this meet is to discuss the steps that need to taken to effectively overcome the imminent global economic slowdown.

Mukherjee was surprised about reports floating in the media that leading this delegation was a high-level affair. In fact, he brushed off his appointment as the President of G-24 Group as a mundane feat.

"IMF, it is normal. Every year, in the month of September, annual general meeting of the International Monetary Fund and World Bank takes place. Out of three years, two years in Washington and one year outside Washington. Therefore, this is nothing new and I have been elected the President of G-24 group," said Mukherjee.

Mukherjee held the position over 25 years ago in 1982-84, when he was the Finance Minister of the country in former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi's cabinet.

"Once I was elected in 1984 as the Chairman of G-24, after that I have been elected again, so naturally I have to be there. After 2008 and particularly after London summit, it has become the practice that G-20 finance ministers, they also meet at the margin of IMF-World Bank meeting or any other major international event," said Mukherjee.

"For instance, we met last time, the G-20 finance ministers during the annual general meeting of Asian Development Bank," he added.

Mukherjee would begin his itinerary by addressing the investors in New York on September 21. He would then attend the India-US CEO Forum, besides the BRICS Finance Ministers meet on September 22. (ANI

http://feeds.bignewsnetwork.com/?sid=842061

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum