I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Antonio Borges, in early October in Brussels: The cancellation of "personal reasons"

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

MrsCK

Cleaning out the IMF!

17/11/2011
Antonio Borges IMF Europe director resigns
AP

Antonio Borges, in early October in Brussels: The cancellation of "personal reasons"

In the midst of the rescue efforts of European countries debt enters the European head the International Monetary Fund back with immediate effect. He was leaving the post for 'personal reasons, "said Borges. His successor has already been determined.
Info

Washington - The head of the European Department of the International Monetary Fund ( IMF ) has resigned. As the IMF announced that Antonio Borges was to "personal reasons" for his move. The 63-year-old Portuguese put down his post with immediate effect, it said.

Borges was director since November 2010 Europe in the Fund.
The IMF plays an important role in the fight against the debt crisis in the euro-zone. The Fund participates with loans totaling 250 billion euros at the euro rescue. IMF experts jointly reviewed with representatives of the European Commission and European Central Bank (ECB), the savings and reform efforts of the stricken countries.

IMF chief Christine Lagarde praised the merits of the former director of Goldman Sachs International in particular with regard to the euro crisis. He had held his post during an "extremely difficult period" for members of the Euro zone. His "rich experience" in public and private sectors, "along with his ability to build strong relations with the authorities of the Member States were in response to the crisis of great value" quotes, Lagarde was in the IMF announcement.

Lagarde had already nominated a successor: Reza Moghadam, currently Director of Strategy Department at the IMF. The senior IMF staff Anglo-Iranian origin should take up his new post already this Thursday.

lgr / AFX / AFP

MrsCK

These former Goldman Sachs folks are high tailing out of the system!!!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum