I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Euro in danger, Europe races for debt solution

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gente

gente

http://news.yahoo.com/euro-danger-europe-races-debt-solution-195352189.html

PARIS (AP) — European leaders rushed Monday to stop a rampaging debt crisis that threatened to shatter their 12-year-old experiment in a common euro currency and devastate the world economy as a result.

One proposal gaining prominence would have countries cede some control over their budgets to a central European authority.
In a measure of how rapidly the peril has grown, that idea would have been unthinkable even three months ago.

World stock markets, glimpsing hope that Europe might finally be shocked into stronger action, staged a big rally. The Dow Jones industrial average in New York rose almost 300 points. In France, stocks rose 5 percent, the most in a month.

More relevant to the crisis, borrowing costs for European nations stabilized. They had risen alarmingly in recent weeks — in Greece, then in Italy and Spain, then across the continent, including inGermany, the strongest economy in Europe.

The yields on benchmark bonds issued by Italy and Germany rose, but only by hundredths of a percentage point. The yield fell 0.1 percentage point on bonds of France, 0.14 points for those of Spain and 0.22 points for Belgium.

Allowing a central European authority to have some control over the budgets of sovereign nations would create a fiscal union in Europe in addition to the monetary union of the 17 countries that share the euro currency.

Some analysts have said would be a leap toward creating a United States of Europe. More delicately, it would force the nations ofEurope to swallow their national pride, cede some sovereignty and agree to strengthen ties with their neighbors rather than fleeing the euro union during the crisis.

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

odd how all of a sudden stuff we've been talking about for a long time is coming out in the MSM.

MrsCK

hmmmm ONLY fix I know if go open up basel 3 gold standard new currency reform...put everybody on the same playing field!!!

gente

gente

Seems to me every month they keep saying that they "urgently" need to address this problem, but all they seem to do is repeat the same things they said the month before, over and over....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum