I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dec 15--NO RELEASE

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dec 15--NO RELEASE Empty Dec 15--NO RELEASE Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:41 pm

windreader1

Security Council calls for greater Iraqi efforts to resolve post-invasion issues with Kuwait

15 December 2011

Security Council members today called on Iraq to intensify its efforts to clarify the whereabouts of Kuwait’s national archives, which disappeared during Iraq’s 1990 invasion of the country.

In a press statement issued this afternoon the 15-member body voiced concern that “no substantial progress” has been made towards clarifying the fate of the archives and that previous calls for greater efforts had yielded limited results.

But it welcomed the Iraqi Government’s approval of an inter-ministerial committee to lead and coordinate efforts regarding the archive.

In the statement the Council also stressed the need for Iraq to build on existing steps to fully meet its commitments to implement all obligations to Kuwait in the wake of the invasion, particularly in finding Kuwaiti or third-country nationals.

The statement followed a briefing from Ambassador Gennady Tarasov, Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon’s High-Level Coordinator for the issue of missing Kuwait and third-country nationals and property, on Mr. Ban’s latest report on the issue.

Council members also supported Mr. Ban’s recommendation to extend the financing of the activities of Mr. Tarasov for another six months.

2Dec 15--NO RELEASE Empty Re: Dec 15--NO RELEASE Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:28 am

donnc

But it's the same statement that came out June 22nd...word for word.I think they're pullin our leg.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum