I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jan/2012 UN rumor mill

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jan/2012 UN rumor mill Empty Jan/2012 UN rumor mill Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:41 am

windreader1

The rumor mill is once again running amuck over Jan/2012 action by the Security Council regarding sanctions and Chapter VII. Here is what can be expected.

**In December/2010 the SC issued three Chapter VII resolutions with future target dates.

Resolution 1958
**terminated the oil for food program. Authorized the SG to set up two escrow accounts and fund with 20 million and 131 million. The 20 million account was to pay for expenditures and expenses associated with the termination of the oil for food program and the funding for the high level coordinator position. The 131 million account was in case someone wants to sue the UN for their actions. Accounts are to be held until 2016 and then any remaining funds are to be transferred to Iraq. SG is required to issue an annual report with the first no later than March 31, 2012.

Resolution 1957
**removed sanctions on arms embargo. Requires Iraq to ratify the Additional Protocol of the Nuclear Ban Treaty. SG was to report in one year on progress. Report would be due in Dec/2011. SG issued the report in early October stating Iraq still has not complied.

Resolution 1956
**Transferred control of DFI fund to Iraq with the exception of the 5% compensation fund. Interesting note on this resolution is the 5% compensation is also to be collected on the “value of any non-monetary payments of petroleum, petroleum products and natural gas made to service providers”. This was a new requirement. The Compensation Committee (CC) issued their report in Oct/2011 stating that Iraq was in compliance regarding the continued and deposit of the original 5%. They also stated that based on the current payout schedule it would take Iraq another 4.5 years to complete the payments to Kuwait.

Evidently, however, the COFE committee which now oversees Iraq’s revenues bowed up over the collection of 5% on the value of services provided or in kind transactions. Basically the CC told them it was covered under security council resolutions and to get it set up. Next meeting of the CC is not until May/2012. The SG was directed to make a report every six months on Iraq’s compliance to the 5% compensation fund with the first report due no later than Jan 1, 2012.

So here is what is on the horizon for the next six months.

Jan 1/2012--Report on compliance to the collection of the 5% compensation fund
March/2012--UNAMI report, Escrow account report
June/2012--High level coordinator report and review of funding for another six months (Iraq/Kuwait issues)

The only scheduled January activity is the incoming report on the compensation fund from the SG. A briefing meeting, if required, would not be scheduled until sometime in January. If no action or meeting is required the report will be reviewed and filed.

The Security Council has not responded to the SG Oct report regarding the failure of the Iraq parliament to ratify the Additional Protocol. If the SC was going to take any action regarding Resolution 1957 it should have occurred in Dec/2011.

So that is it for outstanding issues until the next round of reports. Is Chapter VII going away anytime soon, no it is not. Follow the reports. The next opportunity to examine the progress Iraq has made will be when the UNAMI report is filed. Any new sanctions would require the Security Council voting on another resolution. Nothing gets done without a resolution.

2Jan/2012 UN rumor mill Empty Re: Jan/2012 UN rumor mill Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:44 am

gente

gente

Thx Wind...I'll just put my dinar away till June-

3Jan/2012 UN rumor mill Empty Re: Jan/2012 UN rumor mill Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:39 am

windreader1

I am really hoping this will not go beyond the end of the year despite what happens with the UN next year. Iraq needs to get their act together in a whole lot of ways, and the RV a big one.

4Jan/2012 UN rumor mill Empty Re: Jan/2012 UN rumor mill Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:04 am

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

as do I windreader.....

5Jan/2012 UN rumor mill Empty Re: Jan/2012 UN rumor mill Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:12 pm

67 Warrior

67 Warrior

I second that Wind...Your mouth to God's ear.

6Jan/2012 UN rumor mill Empty Re: Jan/2012 UN rumor mill Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:50 pm

gente

gente

I hope so too! Just don't expect these retards to do anything that benefits anyone but themselves...

7Jan/2012 UN rumor mill Empty Re: Jan/2012 UN rumor mill Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:56 am

lionheart

lionheart

Just doooooo iiiitttt Mad Suspect

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum