I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Athens warns against panic-drachma

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Athens warns against panic-drachma Empty Athens warns against panic-drachma Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:48 am

MrsCK

Athens warns against panic-drachma
02.01.2012 15:42

The Greek government has warned of a panic about a possible return the country to drachma.

Government spokesman Pantelis Kapsis said on Monday in the Greek radio: "It's nothing now to create panic that we will return to the drachma." The country had to work hard and consistently in order to avert a return to the drachma. But the Greek economy is in a "very bad condition." Growth-promoting investments and measures are urgently needed.

The governor of the Greek central bank (Bank of Greece), Giorgos Provopoulos, had previously warned in an interview with the Greek Skai news channel, a return to the drachma would have dramatic effects. Upon returning, the drachma was devalued drastically. The land would be economical to return to the year 1950, it said. Parts of the interview to be broadcast in the coming days were, the news agency dpa on Monday before.

Because of the fear of withdrawal of Greece from the euro area have been managed as already known, according to the Bank of Greece in just the past two years, more than 62 billion euros abroad. Alone in September and October 2011 flows about 14 billion euros of cash deposits from individuals and companies from the domestic financial institutions.

2Athens warns against panic-drachma Empty Re: Athens warns against panic-drachma Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:53 am

MrsCK

Couple of comments posted about the above:

Greece is faced with groundbreaking 100 days. End of March, Athens must pay overdue loans. The average debt ranges from maybe not.

The next three months given the future of the country threatened with bankruptcy for decades, Papademos said. By mid-March to one, as the Greek press called them "super-tranche 'for Greece in the amount of 89 billion euros will be paid by international donors.

The "international financiers" = we taxpayers States will not give this money, because not domestically enforceable. Either the ECB prints or bankruptcy.

AND:

It is already expected a 80% haircut.

AND:

The Great writers: CORRECT! GREECE WILL late February / early March PERISH THE GOLD AND THEN EXPLODE!

Gold - bugs need to wait on it and nothing befüchten. The Greeks then get the "real seriousness of the situation" to feel.

3Athens warns against panic-drachma Empty Re: Athens warns against panic-drachma Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:15 pm

gente

gente

I thought this was going to happen last Spetember...seems they just keep adding bandaid after bandaid..thx CK

4Athens warns against panic-drachma Empty Re: Athens warns against panic-drachma Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:19 pm

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

watching the news last night, they was reporting about our debt(we just surpassed our fiscal GDP in debt interest)so we are at paying 100% of our GDP in interest alone....they also stated that Greece was only at 140%....we need to start getting concerned about our country instead of everybody else!

5Athens warns against panic-drachma Empty Re: Athens warns against panic-drachma Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:21 pm

gente

gente

Yep..saw that too Pan-The Fed needs to go, along with all the phony debt ASAP...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum